The Town of Innisfail invites applications for a self-motivated professional for the position of Development Officer. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to a high level of customer service, have experience working in a municipal setting and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Reporting to the Director of Planning & Operational Services, the Development Officer is responsible for the processing of development permits and day to day implementation of the Town’s Land Use Bylaw. The position also assists the Director with the activities and responsibilities of the Planning and Development Department. Key areas of activity include support for the processing of safety codes applications, land sales and marketing, and economic development.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree or Diploma related to land use planning, landscape architecture, geography, urban studies of a related discipline
- Minimum of two years directly related experience; municipal experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and familiarity with land use bylaws
- Knowledge of land development activities and building processes and activities
- Ability to successfully communicate in verbal, written and graphic forms
- Good time management and organization skills
The job description for this position is available upon request and on the Town’s website (www.innisfail.ca). The Town of Innisfail offers an excellent benefit package and competitive salary range commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes in confidence to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Human Resources
4943 – 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1