EDA is committed to providing the most relevant information to enhance the practice of economic development.
EDA provides access to established tools that help you grow and maintain a strong, diverse economy. We help identify emerging issues and trends in the field; distribute regular and timely information bulletins; and deliver relevant content on EDA’s website.
- The Invest in Alberta magazine, EDA's official publication is a great tool for our members to use in their Business & Investment Attraction efforts.
- AlbertaBusinessCounts provides a consistent province-wide method for gathering data needed to identify and analyze business needs at the local, regional and provincial level.
- Economic developers play a key role in economic recovery efforts. In response to the worst flood in Alberta's history in June 2013, EDA created the Economic Disaster Recovery Project designed to help community leaders rebuild their economies.
- The Investment Readiness Toolkit contains critical information to assist communities manage familiarization tours and other aspects of investment attraction.
- Economic Development Online is designed to support economic development professionals, community leaders and volunteers. The majority of the website is restricted to subscribers and user credentials have been established for all current EDA members for free.
Economic Development Matters is a website created by EDA along with economic development organizations from across the country. These organizations also jointly produced a video that demonstrates the importance of economic development to the fabric of a community. This video is also designed to assist economic developers like you in educating your community, stakeholders, and Council on the important work you do. The website contains the video in both official languages. Feel free to download these videos and make good use of them.
Let us know if you are aware of other resources we should highlight by emailing us at email@example.com.